Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Pricing

Pricing sale rabbits has to be the largest conundrum in raising rabbits. People are worried about not getting sales if they charge too much, or not getting sales by charging too little.

Charging to little? How would that effect a sale you ask? Well the common mindset of people today is that the more expensive = the better, but if you charge too much = probably not worth it. So the trouble is finding a ground between too cheap and too expensive.

So automatically a $25.00 = crap right? Not necessarily. $150.00 = amazing? No.
There are a lot of people out there who will try to fleece people into buying their culls buy pricing them just as high as their show stock. Just as there are a ton of people who feel bad about charging to much, and price their good stock for what some consider "pet" prices.

So how do I charge for my stock? Well I start at a base price, to what I feel the quality of the rabbit is worth quality wise, then for every leg the rabbit has one I add $10.00 onto the original price. This was suggested by a fellow breeder after a discussion on pricing.

The most expensive rabbit I have bought was $150.00, and could not beat my home bred stuff for the life of her. The best rabbit I have ever bought cost me $30.00 had a couple legs and won me a BIS or two.

1 comment:

rrj said...

May be, I think price rabbit depend on cost production, taste and kind of rabbit.
Thank You