Friday, March 11, 2011

Baxter? Barrie? Barrie Spring Bash.

So this year the Baxter show is not in Baxter it's in Barrie at the Essa Valley Feed Services (AKA the Feed store we go to every other Monday).

So Yeah It's April 16th, just thought I should warn everyone not to show up in Baxter and expect a show :)

As for shows and showing I'm uber excited. I have this little black doe who is almost out of her ugly stage (although she was never that ugly). I die every time I touch her. Since they day she was born she had super curly dense fur, so did her brother and sister, but her brother and sister had normal Pre-Jr fur by 8 weeks. Not this little girly, she still had curly fur at 14 weeks. So by that time I'm freaking out, I have this great little doe type wise but her fur although dense and having excellent texture was curly which obviously is a no-no when showing. So I was biting my nails (nasty habit, yeah). When all of a sudden I go out to to rabbitry and she had exploded! Her fur was everywhere ! About a week later the curl was gone, by the end of the month my gloriously typed doe had glorious Jr fur!

Her sister is glorious too. Her brother went to a pet home even though he was a solid tank of a nice rabbit. Then there are the lovelies that are Mona Lisa's litter. They've been glowing since day one and I can't wait until they're old enough to show. Which unfortunately will not be the Spring Bash as they're only 9 weeks (luckily that's the perfect age for doe and litter).

No comments: