Friday, April 30, 2010

I have grown a considerable amount raising rabbits, seriously, when I started I was only about 4'5" now I'm 5'9". All jokes aside raising rabbits have taught me some of the best lessons I have ever learned.

1.) Patience. Waiting for a rabbit to have babies, those babies to grow up, and become prime for show does not happen overnight, and sometimes those babies you've watched closely don't turn out the way you want, which means back to the starting point.

2.) Responsibility. Rabbits are not going to feed and clean themselves, and it is not something you only have to do sometimes, it is an everyday thing.

3.) Independence. Rabbits are my responsibility, I should be paying for them, which means I need a source of income, because they aren't always going to pay for themselves, and I should not expect other people to fund my hobby. I need a job. (And right now, I need a better one).

Through raising rabbits, I have made many wonderful friendships. I've had a few heartbreaks, many more moments of pure joy, and I have learned to appreciate the finer things in life.

No comments: