Sunday, December 28, 2008

Why I raise rabbits.

I get a lot of questions (mainly from school friends) wondering why I breed and show rabbits. So I've decided to answer them here.

#1. It's a hobby something I enjoy immensely. Some people like airplanes, others trains, I like rabbits.

#2. Rabbits are incredibly intelligent, loving, creatures. They keep me out of trouble (not that I'd get in trouble otherwise...) They are very entertaining, and like people they have different tastes in music ( I have some who prefer metal/rock and some that enjoy celtic/folk). In food, and in who they like.

#3. The satisfaction of having babies born in your rabbitry and having them win on the show table (or place really well) is indescribable.

#4. Traveling need I say more? If it weren't for rabbits I'd probably have never been to Kentucky, or even Powassan. I go to a bunch of fairs and gatherings throughout there year.

#5. I am a very competitive person so showing rabbits was the obvious choice for me.

#6. It's fun. It's a big responsibility but I enjoy it.

#8. That's right there is no number 7. I don't mind cleaning cages, it can be made fun. (I'm being 100% serious here)

#9. Other breeders are a bunch of amazing people, super helpful and very friendly, and definitely entertaining.

No comments: