Sunday, March 30, 2008

Fulton + Memorial day auction

I went to the Fulton show this past weekend with Beth Collins (Family Pride) and Denise Robertson (Jordon Hollow) We stayed at Denise's B&B for the night which we got to at around 10:30-11pm. I have to say Denise's house is absolutely beautiful. We we're on the road again by 4:30am, I was still half asleep at the time, we had no trouble at the border at all. We arrived at the show without running out of gas as the gas light had come on shortly after we crossed the border which was very nerve wracking for some of the passengers I.E. Denise and I. I don't think the rabbits or cavies had any idea that we could run out of gas at any moment. The show was great, I sold a REW mini rex baby from Smoke Baby's litter as a pet, and the Blue Tort doe from Cicada's litter as a brood doe to a lady from Quebec just starting in Jersey Woolies. Meanwhile Beth had sold seven already.
I also picked up Little Schoolhouse's Charlie a sable point Jersey Wooly buck who is an absolute sweetheart, and by total fluke I bought a beautiful smoke pearl doe, even after I was told I wasn't allowed to buy any rabbits under any circumstances.
On the way home we stopped at a Bob Evans and stuffed ourselves to the gills, then once we crossed the border we dropped Denise off and poked around at her cavies for a while then headed off for Beth's house which we got to at midnight.
After a slightly longer nights sleep we were on the road again this time to the DR&CBA memorial day and auction in Schomberg, where I waited for my dad to pick me up and managed not to buy anything in the auction, although I got in trouble later after I mention the fawn/red Netherland dwarf bucks that Tristyn would of liked.
So we got home, got everyone back into their appropriate cages, and once my mom saw the Smoke Pearl doe she didn't mind that I bought her.

No comments: