Sunday, March 9, 2008

Baby news.

I'm having terrible luck with litters this year =( After losing 3 entire litters and most of a fourth litter, and a whole bunch of does missing, one of Boston's three and a half week old babies passed away. He was the smallest and the liveliest until about two days ago. The other two are doing great, and Smoke Baby's babies are doing excellent as well. I palpated Starshine and I am certain I felt little marble sized babies in there which has me jumping for joy.

Today I tried something a little new with grooming the baby Jersey Woolies, I reversed the shop vac and blew out their coats, they didn't like it at all, but it works great. I also blew out the coats on the adults who didn't mind it at all. I'll probably invest in a blower now mainly because they aren't as loud as a shop vac, and don't take up as much room.

At the MSrba spring convention I had the chance to feel a beautiful blue fuzzy holland jr doe (Plank's Aqualena owned by Gina Cook) Man did this doe have a body to die for, killer hindquarters to boot! So I was going over my Jersey Woolies and on Cicada's entire litter I felt these great hindquarters which reminded me of Aqualena, and anyone who has felt that doe knows what I'm talking about, I swear my jaw hit the ground when I felt them all, and it stayed there.
Publish Post
--Devon (Looking forwards to Baxter)

No comments: