Thursday, January 7, 2010

Late night :)

Have you ever had that split moment of panic when you have misplaced a pedigree? The "Oh shoot" followed by "I can always ask the breeder to send me a new copy..." Then the doubt "Wait, will that make me look bad?" So instead you, in a panic start looking for it, in all those strange places you know it will not be? On top of the fridge, in the washing machine, under your bed... You do not find it anywhere. So bucking up you start an e-mail to the breeder explaining when, low-and-behold...Half way through a cleverly typed e-mail, you spot it. Exactly in the place you knew you had left it.

Yeah... Me either.

So... Once again I attempted to breed Sundown to Mon Dieu. He must be really frustrated by now. I have done everything I can to stimulate Spring in the rabbitry. The light is on longer, I have a heater out there, I put her in a new cage that previously held a buck, she's currently housed beside one of my randy Wooly bucks. She gets a special diet, but will she breed? NO. Will my other does? YES. I bred Mercedes to Odie, (nearly the exact cross of her previous litter). I also bred Panache to Odie (for Jesse, I hope she produces something awesome for you!). Do I have a compatible buck for my other does? No, I could hypothetically breed Au Contraire to Mon Dieu... And the same with Rendezvous...Except Tristyn would murder me. Oh but a crop of babies for the fall shows would be great....

That should be it and I really ought to start going to bed before Midnight, but it's really hard when I shut the rabbitry light off at 10:30, then get sidetracked...

Oh I should also mention. I am working on Mini Rex tutorial videos. So videos on how to pose, select, and choose breeding pairs for Mini Rex.

No comments: