Tuesday, June 24, 2008

How small is still to big?

"It's a little big for my likes" is something I would hear from a judge about one of my "over loved" Mini Rex does reaching for the 4 1/2 lb mark, not for a 2lb Jersey Wooly who is under the average weight for the breed. They all look bigger then they actually are. If you're looking for something under 2lbs there are a whole assortment of small rodents avialable at pet shops for far cheaper then a $30.00 rabbit.

At the Vandorf show Starshine earned a Best of Bre
ed leg in the 2nd show. I had only entered three Jersey Woolies and three Mini Rex. There wasn't enough in each class for legs.

As for current litters I'm absolutely in love with Noirette's broken bucks they are all extremely friendly, super cute and very, very showy. Nicole's litter too. Boston is due today and I can't wait she's super fat and these babies will be VM or VC.

I absolutely love Blue Eyed White rabbits. At Vandorf I purchased a beautiful BEW doe from Beth Collins (Family Pride rabbitry) and I absolutely love her. I also have a BEW lionhead buck who is super adorable but doesn't like to pose for pictures yet.

No comments: